Welcome to my blog

This is my journey back into education at 42. Going back to a point when I was 16 and had aspirations to go to art college. After years of being too absorbed with work and kids to do little more than knitting baby clothes and sewing cross stitch kits I have found myself with time on my hands and access to a wonderful group of talented and supportive embroiders and quilters.
I will talk about and show the textile/fibre art techniques that I test and the story of how I struggle to rekindle my creative self and put together my hand and machine embroidery collections.
Most importantly I will wax lyrical about the brilliant fabric and textile art shop that I study at called ZIGZAGS in Newport and its gorgeous owners Ann and Tori.

Friday, 19 August 2011

Escape to the Beach

Well Nancy is packed, plenty of beer and burgers so not long now and we'll be on the road. If anything exciting happens I'll blog some photos. We're only away for one night so will be back soon.

Sadly we've had to leave our little westie with a friend who's going to take her on holiday to the Isle of Mull with him and his curly wurly westie Molly. This is Jem In Perrenporth in July, she hates the water so this is as close to surfing as she's going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment