Welcome to my blog

This is my journey back into education at 42. Going back to a point when I was 16 and had aspirations to go to art college. After years of being too absorbed with work and kids to do little more than knitting baby clothes and sewing cross stitch kits I have found myself with time on my hands and access to a wonderful group of talented and supportive embroiders and quilters.
I will talk about and show the textile/fibre art techniques that I test and the story of how I struggle to rekindle my creative self and put together my hand and machine embroidery collections.
Most importantly I will wax lyrical about the brilliant fabric and textile art shop that I study at called ZIGZAGS in Newport and its gorgeous owners Ann and Tori.

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Back from a glorious time

I had ever intension of keeping my blog going whilst I was away but Budapest totally overwhelmed me with it's beauty and I just fell in love. I spent the first week wondering around in a daze visiting museums, sitting at street cafes and enjoying the gloriously warm weather.

This was the view from our hotel room high up on the 9th floor, there was a lovely wide window ledge that just asked for you to just sit and stare. We left the curtains wide open at night and woke up to the beautiful sight of the early morning sun shining on the Buda Castle.

Mid week I discovered the Grand Market with it's abundant displays of vegetables and lots of meat and bright red sausages. As you take in the sight it's easy to forget the turmoil that has beset this city during it's life


There was a hundred opportunities to take lots of source photos of huge stacks of vegetables, hanging displays and sickly piles of meat. I've had great fun on my return playing with these pictures, I restrained myself from taking a full hundreds worth but I've got plenty! I am sharing my pics on Instagram as Mollymeg69, this a great iPhone app that's used by amateur photographers to quickly share their creations.

I hope you've enjoyed this little taste of Budapest now I need to get back to my City and Guilds. I have all the materials and ideas I just now need to get down to actual doing!

Take a look at my stash for my 'Give me Shelter' mud building hand embroidery series.

No comments:

Post a Comment