Welcome to my blog

This is my journey back into education at 42. Going back to a point when I was 16 and had aspirations to go to art college. After years of being too absorbed with work and kids to do little more than knitting baby clothes and sewing cross stitch kits I have found myself with time on my hands and access to a wonderful group of talented and supportive embroiders and quilters.
I will talk about and show the textile/fibre art techniques that I test and the story of how I struggle to rekindle my creative self and put together my hand and machine embroidery collections.
Most importantly I will wax lyrical about the brilliant fabric and textile art shop that I study at called ZIGZAGS in Newport and its gorgeous owners Ann and Tori.

Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Technology .... Good or Evil?

Sorry for being away so long, I've been tied up with technology and some good old-fashioned procrastination in the form of thread winding. I have so much City and Guild work to do, it's organised, I know what I need to do but here I am again. Glued to my iPad! With a laptop on my left and an iPhone on my right!

So, thread winding? Well, Tori said it was addictive and she wasn't lying! I have to wind at least 1 a day and last week I was up till 1.30 winding! But oh my god do those lovely little chunks of colour and texture look good. You see the variations in the thread like never before. Yum yum.

Photo editing and publishing is my other current passion and here are a couple of examples.

Tomorrow I'm off to help Anne run the Zigzag stall at the 21st anniversary celebrations for the South Cheshire Embroiderers Guild, it looks to be a great day.

That's just a mini update for now. I promise to blog again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment