Welcome to my blog

This is my journey back into education at 42. Going back to a point when I was 16 and had aspirations to go to art college. After years of being too absorbed with work and kids to do little more than knitting baby clothes and sewing cross stitch kits I have found myself with time on my hands and access to a wonderful group of talented and supportive embroiders and quilters.
I will talk about and show the textile/fibre art techniques that I test and the story of how I struggle to rekindle my creative self and put together my hand and machine embroidery collections.
Most importantly I will wax lyrical about the brilliant fabric and textile art shop that I study at called ZIGZAGS in Newport and its gorgeous owners Ann and Tori.

Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Spring is springing

Sat in a cafe missing city life. You'd think I would be happy back in the country now that the sun is back, but I miss the immediacy of the city, the busyness, the sensory overload. So I'm out looking for the nearest thing we have and find myself on the way to Shrewsbury. Give the dogs a walk, take some pics and buy the fabric for my cloth book.

That's if I can get up off this comfy chair - wish me luck!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Emstrey Bank,,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment