Welcome to my blog

This is my journey back into education at 42. Going back to a point when I was 16 and had aspirations to go to art college. After years of being too absorbed with work and kids to do little more than knitting baby clothes and sewing cross stitch kits I have found myself with time on my hands and access to a wonderful group of talented and supportive embroiders and quilters.
I will talk about and show the textile/fibre art techniques that I test and the story of how I struggle to rekindle my creative self and put together my hand and machine embroidery collections.
Most importantly I will wax lyrical about the brilliant fabric and textile art shop that I study at called ZIGZAGS in Newport and its gorgeous owners Ann and Tori.

Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Back to it

Today was a City and Guilds day at Zigzags. I started the day finishing a French Knot piece that I'm doing on a background of nuno felt.

Opposite me Linda was stretching her hand embroidery samples onto card. It's a condition of the course that all pieces must be the same size and this has proved to be a real hassle, clever Linda's all look perfect so far, unlike mine that are a right motley crew of different shapes and sizes!

In the afternoon we had a bash at 'drawing' with bias binding. Looks lovely but very awkward to do. I really love needle turn appliqué, I'm not very good at it but that's not stopping me. The bondaweb backed bias binding was a help too!!!

So that was my day, we've had lots of April showers so here are some pretty spring flowers to welcome the change in seasons.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment