Welcome to my blog

This is my journey back into education at 42. Going back to a point when I was 16 and had aspirations to go to art college. After years of being too absorbed with work and kids to do little more than knitting baby clothes and sewing cross stitch kits I have found myself with time on my hands and access to a wonderful group of talented and supportive embroiders and quilters.
I will talk about and show the textile/fibre art techniques that I test and the story of how I struggle to rekindle my creative self and put together my hand and machine embroidery collections.
Most importantly I will wax lyrical about the brilliant fabric and textile art shop that I study at called ZIGZAGS in Newport and its gorgeous owners Ann and Tori.

Monday, 15 August 2011

Scary Setting Up!

Cripes! Its been a long road getting set up so I can write my blog on my iPad but using photos from my iPhone. Lots of app searches, log ins and set ups I think I've finally got it! Flicker activated with a speedy uploader app, blog set up with blog writer app that allows me to drag photos straight in from flickr (I can't get the URL link to work for love nor money!) For sheer laziness, Dragon app set up so I can just 'talk' my blog out loud and copy and paste the words in. I even seems to understand what I'm saying, a miracle in it's self!
I hope this leads to more interesting blogs in the future......and someone might even get to read it if I'm brave enough to advertise it!!!!

Look! Look! I got a photo on too!

No comments:

Post a Comment